Blue Skies Unlimited
Renewable energy solutions for sustainable living.
Wh The H40 is designed to operate in a site with medium to high wind speed averages of 12 mph, 5.4 m/s, and greater. The H40 provides 100+ kWh per month, 3.4 kWh per day, in a 12 mph average wind speed location. The H40, with its 7 ft. (2.1m) rotor diameter and 40 sq. ft. swept area, is rugged enough for extreme environments.
New Design Features - The H40 was redesigned in the fall of 1999
Exclusive to the Whisper, the side-furling Angle-Governor protects the
turbine in high winds by turning the alternator and blades out of the wind,
reducing turbine exposure. Unlike other wind turbines that lose as much as 80%
of their output when furled, the Angle-Governor allows the Whisper to achieve
maximum output in any wind.
EZWIRE II SPEC SHEET
Southwest Windpower would like to introduce the NEW EZWIRE II, the
next-generation wind turbine controller that is now standard on 24V, 36V and
48V Whisper H40 and H80 Turbines.
THE NEW EZWIRE II is an intelligent SCR-based
shunt-type Whisper controller that includes the following features:
· Hysteresis window during regulation to maximize useful power and keep
batteries fully charged
· Potentiometer adjustable Regulation Set point
· Ceramic Power Resistors integrated into controller box
· Automatic turbine over speed protection
· Battery disconnect Auto-protection intelligence to protect turbine from
· Manual Diversion/Stop Switch – enables user to divert full turbine
load to resistor bank
· 24V, 36 and 48V operation available NOW! (12V version available April
· Quiet diversion-powered fan – No valuable battery energy is used here!
(12V, 24V, 36V Only)
· Large Heat-Sink for efficient temperature dissipation
· Fully integrated, easy to install controller - Circuitry and Resistor
Bank in one simple package!
· Metallic enclosure designed for indoor operation in battery-bank room
· Marine-grade version available as an option (Spring 2001)
· Easy access Block connectors for Turbine and Battery wires
· Bright LED lights to inform of regulation operation and Power ON